Professional Development Assistance Program
The Canadian Forensic Nurses Association is pleased to announce a new Professional Development Assistance Program. The Professional Development Assistance Program (PDAP) was established to help provide assistance with accessing continuing education and support global networking and information exchange for the forensic nurse. The PDAP will provide financial assistance for CFNA members who would not otherwise be able to attend professional development such as workshops, training or conferences.
Who may apply?
- Forensic nurses
- Members of the CFNA in good standing
What is the Professional Development Assistance Program?
The PDAP fund is available to assist forensic nurses in gaining professional development through educational events such as trainings, conferences, workshops or other professional development initiatives for members of the CFNA. The PDAP funds are distributed based on financial need.
- $500 CAD used toward the registration fee for Conference or Course on Forensic Nursing Science and Practice
Application Period: Applications will be accepted from March 1 to May 1
What is required to apply?
- Member in good standing with the CFNA
- Biographical information
- Demonstrated financial need
- Brief explanation as to how you as a forensic nurse, your practice setting or community and the Association will gain from your attendance and experience at the conference or training
What is required of me after attendance?
- Provide the CFNA with proof of attendance
- Provide the CFNA with receipts for the use of the Professional Development money
- Contribute to sharing with other CFNA members by providing a summary of your experience at the event for the website
Please forward applications to Liz Louden: firstname.lastname@example.org