Job Posting: Single Mother’s Support Group Contract Facilitator
Independent Contractor – Approx. 3-4 hours per week
Newton, Surrey BC
Until Oct 16, 2019
Rate of pay: $350 contract fee per month
- Facilitate the weekly peer support group meetings at our Newton location (Saturdays 10am-noon) responsibility for content, continuity and tone of the group meetings;
- Support with set up and clean up before and after meeting
- Conduct intake and assessment of suitability of potential group members;
- Assist coordination of childminding sessions for the group meetings;
- Provide YWCA and partner agency with monthly group reports as required;
- Attend monthly facilitator meetings to share information and resources with other group facilitators;
- Provide community resources, information and referral to individual group members as needed
- Must have solid experience in group facilitation.
- Knowledge in group process and dynamics. Demonstrated ability to manage group dynamics to achieve positive outcomes.
- Training and experience in the social services field, such as social work, counseling or community support.
- Excellent communications skills, including conflict management.
- Solid understanding of the issues faced by single mothers today. Experience of single parenthood an asset.
- Solid knowledge of the various local community services and resources available to single moms and their children.
- Experience working with multi-barriered women and people from diverse backgrounds
- Believe in empowering women and passionate about supporting women in their journey towards personal and economic independence
We’ve been striving to change lives throughout Metro Vancouver for more than 100 years. Last year, our programs and services helped 40,000 people. Interested in joining us?
Candidates are invited to apply in writing by Sun, Oct 6 2019 to:
Jenn Bateman, Single Mothers’
Support Services Program Coordinator
YWCA Metro Vancouver
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
No phone calls please
YWCA Metro Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.