Job Opportunity: Ministry of Children and Family Development Victoria
Ministry of Children and Family Development Victoria
Please Note: This is an ongoing posting without scheduled closing date. This posting may be open for up to 6 months. Posting closing date will be added to the posting minimum 2 weeks prior to the scheduled closing date. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.
Community Nurse $36.83 – $48.34 hourly
Accompanied by a competitive benefits package, you’ll be working with a great team of forensic psychiatric experts. Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services provides inpatient and outpatient Court-ordered and Court-related assessment and treatment services to young persons pursuant to the Youth Criminal Justice Act as well as other relevant federal and provincial statutes.
As a member of this multidisciplinary team, the Community Nurse provides direct care to adolescents with a broad range of mental health and behavioural problems. In this role, you will provide assessment and treatment services to youth including specialized programs for those who may have committed violent or sexual offences, youth who have offended and are experiencing drug and/or alcohol addiction problems, and youth in correctional facilities who are in need of mental health services.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with a Master’s Degree in a clinical human services field such as social work, child and youth care, counselling psychology, clinical psychology etc. OR
• A Master’s degree in Nursing OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. For example, a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with a Diploma in a clinical human services field (as defined above).
• Licensed to practice nursing under the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives and in good standing. NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES).
• Two (2) years of recent experience providing in depth clinical counselling services to clients who have a combination of physical, psychiatric and/or concurrent substance abuse/misuse disorders.
• Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver’s licence with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
For more information and to apply online please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/76660