Job Opportunity: Community Coroner, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
Are you interested in playing a critical role in your community?
Salary: $32.32 hourly
The BC Coroners Service (BCCS) is responsible for determining the circumstances of all sudden, unexpected and unnatural deaths in the province. The BCCS is seeking mature, compassionate and community minded individuals to work as Coroners on an “as and when required” basis. These unique positions offer an opportunity for individuals to use various skills in serving their communities in a high-profile role. Community Coroners are an integral part of the investigative team, providing critical initial information that allows for timely, thorough and accurate investigations. These are “as and when required” positions and a minimum number of hours of work is not guaranteed. There is considerable flexibility in scheduling, depending on the local staffing structure. For additional information about the role of Coroner, please visit the Community Coroners Webpage.Qualifications for this role include:
• A minimum 5 years of professional employment experience which clearly demonstrates developed skills in decision making, risk management, judgment, communication with stakeholders and the ability to gather and synthesize information; OR An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Preference may be given to applicants with an undergraduate degree or greater in the health, legal or social sciences disciplines and/or applicants with a strong working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Experience working collaboratively with multiple agencies.
• Experience producing a variety of documents, such as case notes and briefing materials.
• Experience gathering, synthesizing, evaluating and interpreting information from diverse sources.
• Experience effectively communicating with individuals in sensitive or emotional circumstances.
To apply for a position as a Community Coroner, please apply online by January 6, 2019: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56533