Visionary Award Nomination Form
This award will recognize an individual who has made a significant contribution to development, promotion and advancement of forensic nursing in Canada. The contribution may be made through clinical program development, scientific achievement, educational activities and advocacy on behalf of Canadian forensic nurses.
Please consider nominating one of your inspiring colleagues for the Canadian Forensic Nurses Association Visionary Award!
Who can be nominated?
Any person or group can put forth a nomination, except for members of the CFNA executive and the awards committee.
- The nominee does not need to be a member of the Canadian Forensic Nurses Association (CFNA)
- The nominee has demonstrated innovative and creative methods to promote and enhance forensic nursing in Canada
- The nominee has demonstrated a commitment to the development of the profession of forensic nursing in Canada
- The nominee has demonstrated leadership at the local, provincial, national and/or international level in the promotion and development of forensic nursing
- The nominee has worked to develop standards of practice for the care of victims and or offenders of violence
The call for nominees will go out February 15th every second year (even years: 2022, 2024, 2026, etc.) and nominations will be open for three months closing May 15th.
- Date of Nomination
- Name (Including Titles)
- Telephone Number
- Summary of Achievements (consider the criteria above): In 500 words or less, double spaced, please tell us why you believe that this nominee should be chosen for the CFNA Visionary Award.
- One reference letter outside of the application
- Your Name
- Your contact information
Application Form: Online Application Form
Please forward applications to the CFNA Secretary: email@example.com