These sites contain information about forensic nursing or forensic nursing resources.
Forensic Death Investigation
- Vessier-Batchen, M (2003) Forensic Nursing Death Investigators
Family/Intimate Partner Violence
- Public Health Agency of Canada – National Clearinghouse on Family Violence
- Responding to Domestic Violence in Clinical Settings (2012)
- Preventing Violence Across the Lifespan Research Network (PreVAiL)
- BC’s Action Plan to Combat Trafficking in Persons 2013 – 2016 – Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons (OCTIP)
- Private Violence website featuring media project to end violence against women
- Combating online child sexual abuse – Virtual Global Taskforce
- Girls Speak Out (Feb 2013) -Understanding violence, Substance Use, and Mental Health Support Needs Among Young Women in BC
- Scaling Up Lifesaving Commodities for Women, Children, and Newborns: An Advocacy Toolkit – Path.org
- Hucker, S (2012) Forensic Psychiatry
- Centre for Forensic Science and Medicine, University of Toronto – Forensic Science in Canada – A report of multidisciplinary discussion (2012)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) (2011) Forensic Laboratory Services
- Geradts, Z (2012) Zeno’s Forensic Site
If you know of a forensic nursing site and would like to see it referenced here, please contact our Education/ Communication Coordinator.
Nursing/ Other Resources
- CSI Effect Theory – This interactive website provides officers of the court with the latest research on the CSI Effect theory and observations from trusted experts throughout the justice community.
- CNA Nurse One/ Inf-Fusion – This site has many library resources and educational materials available to any CFNA member who is registered with the Canadian Nurses’ Association.
- InspireNet – A network of researchers, practitioners, policy-makers, educators and students working together to improve nursing health services in Canada. We use web 2.0 technology supported by web-conferencing to bring people together to collaborate in new ways.
Sexual Assault Examination
- SAFEta – Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Technical Assistance – This site offers technical assistance and essential knowledge about sexual assault medical forensic examinations and related issues.
- Sexuality and U – Canadian web site committed to providing accurate, credible and up-to-date information and education on sexual health.
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) – A leading authority on reproductive health care, the SOGC produces national clinical guidelines for both public and medical education on important women’s health issues.
- Canadian Practice Guidelines: – http://www.sickkids.ca/clinical-practice-guidelines/clinical-practice-guidelines/index.aspx