Full membership is open to any Canadian Nurse.
Our focus is Canadian Forensic Nurses and their scope of practice in many different areas. We welcome nurses from other backgrounds and countries, student nurses, and professionals, such as: paramedics, physicians, police, social workers and legal professionals as associate members.
- Full Member: $75
- Associate Member: $35
- Student Member: $20
- Group Membership (minimum 5 people): 10% discount on each individual membership fee
There are two ways in which you can join the Association and/ or renew your membership:
If paying online with PayPal – click on the “Become a Member” link below and complete the online member application form and submit. Please ensure you review the autorenewal payment option with PayPal.
- If paying by cheque, please complete the CFNA Member Application and mail along with your payment to the Treasurer address below:
Liz Louden, Treasurer, CFNA
- 903 Yokom RoadWelland, OntarioL3B 5N4
CFNA is unable to accept applications/renewals by phone or by credit card. If using online PayPal, please ensure you complete and send the application/renewal form as well, as it is not automatically done so, even though payment may go through. If using an E-Transfer, please contact Liz Louden to discuss this option.
What do We Provide?
- Networking with other forensic nurses and professionals from across Canada
- Input to CNA and other agencies (e.g.- RCMP, government) regarding forensic nursing roles, or issues relevant to care of victims of violence/trauma or offenders
- Liaison with related forensic and specialty nursing associations such as Emergency or Forensic Nurses’ groups on areas of shared interest
- Information on forensic education, research and practice information for different subspecialty areas (e.g.-intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, sexual assault, psychiatry, corrections, death investigation)
What can Members Expect?
- Regular Membership Meetings (by teleconference) and one face-to-face meeting at IAFN conference
- Annual Newsletters
- Education Webinars quarterly on topics relevant to Forensic Nurses
Please contact our Membership Coordinator Sheila Early: